This is the blog of Knowsley Archives, the public archives service for the Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley.
Here, staff and volunteers from the archive service will post articles about their work and things we hope will be of interest relating to our collections.
We encourage our readers to leave comments and let us know what they think, but it should be noted that users’ first comments will be held automatically for moderation whilst we check that they are genuine human beings, and not automated spamming programmes, but users should have no problem commenting after that whenever they wish without unnecessary delays. Comments containing multiple links will automatically be held for checking as well.
We want this blog to be enjoyed by as many people as possible, so please be respectful of a few ‘house rules’:
- Be respectful of others
- Only post comments in response to the content of the blog article you’ve just read and do not upload anything unrelated to the post you’re commenting on
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or unnecessarily provocative (this includes swearing and comments that may be considered obscene or vulgar)
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- Do not post any personal information – including sensitive information, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you, or to other people
- Do not promote any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion.
Whilst we won’t edit users’ comments, we do reserve the right to remove any submissions that breach our ‘house rules’. If a comment you’ve tried to post does not appear and you don’t understand why, please email us at email@example.com. Equally, if you feel a comment is inappropriate, for any reason, please let us know and we will investigate.
If you wish to contact Knowsley Archives for any other reason, please use our contact details in the sidebar, rather than posting any enquiries here on the blog.